Tuesday, January 06, 2009

What 28 Looks Like
 
...well not this exactly but today in yoga I just sat there thinking this used to not be so hard. My king of dancer was wobbly with my foot no where near my head. Sitting in pigeon with my foot bent up reaching over my head towards, but no where near, my toes stretched way more than I thought it should. And there's my split. I once was able to stick my foot on the couch and get that split to the floor, now I'm in the gym yoga class hovering over the ground. Oh well.

And speaking of yoga I'm so sick of Angie reading the Tao Te Ching # 44 at the end of class, and now that I look it up to whine about it I realize that she hasn't been reading the last paragraph (and sometimes not even the second paragraph)...even more weird. Anyways this is what's she's been reading to us

Fame or integrity: which is more important?
Money or happiness: which is more valuable?
Success of failure: which is more destructive?

If you look to others for fulfillment,
you will never truly be fulfilled.
If your happiness depends on money,
you will never be happy with yourself.

I don't know I just think the first part is totally retarded. You don't have to chose between fame and integrity, or money or happiness, or success or failure. And really doesn't it really matter what the content of the success or failure is that makes it destructive or not? okay end rant.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: